FIFe Student Judges
FIFe Student Judges represent the future of FIFe. They
are, as the title implies, individuals studying to become judges-some
for the first time, others in a category different from the one in which
they are already qualified.
During their training the students will sit with different international FIFe judges during cat shows in order to receive expert instruction and to become familiar with breeds they hope one day to judge. They will also attend seminars and visit breeders to learn as much as they can about their chosen breeds.
Since a FIFe Member is responsible for its student judges, the student judges are listed below under the country of the FIFe Member where they hold their membership.
Requirements for becoming a student judge
The requirements to become a student judge, as laid down in the
Rules for Judges & Student Judges, are:
- the candidate must have been an active member in a FIFe club for at least five years
- participation as a steward a minimum of 10 times in shows where the stewards bring the cats to the judge, or 20 times where the owners carry their own cats
- the candidate must have bred at least 3 litters under his own cattery name (or another cattery name in his household) for a period of at least 3 years
- the candidate must have experience as an exhibitor, i.e. he must have exhibited cats at a minimum of 20 national or international shows
- at least one cat registered under his own cattery name must have obtained the title GIC/GIP during the last 5 years
- experience in organising shows is compulsory; relevant experience includes positions such as show manager, experience in the secretariat or prize room etc.
- experience as chief steward and/or ring secretary for various judges is highly recommended.
- sit a preliminary examination and attain a minimum score of 80%.
Application for admission as a student judge
To apply for the admission as a student judge to the judges training programme and to sit for the preliminary examination, the Student Judge Admission form must be used. You can find this form in the section Rules & Forms.
Important documents for a student judge
With regard to the student judges training we would like to draw
your attention to the following documents which are available for downloading
on this site:
- the FIFe Statutes and Rules in the section Rules & Forms
- the FIFe standards of the breeds for each category, as well as the General Part to these standards, in the section Breeds > Standards
- an explanation of the FIFe Easy Mind System (EMS) in the section Breeds > EMS codes
- the complete list of EMS codes for the breeds and their varieties in the section Rules & Forms
- the various forms for student judges in the section Rules & Forms.
Important notice about the student judge training rules
We have noticed a lack of clarity and sometimes confusion amongst
student judges as to which version of the rules regarding the student
judge training applies to them. Some student judges are under the impression
that these are the rules which were valid on the moment they started their
training as a student judge. However, this is a misconception.
Any change in a rule with regard to the student judge training is applicable to every student judge, no matter when the training started.
To avoid any misunderstanding or disappointment, we urge our members and our student judges to take good notice of this matter.